Saturday, December 18, 2021

Carmel Redux

Here's another little record I got in a big lot from eBay this year. It's a remake of a song that Carmel Quinn had recorded much earlier in her career. That earlier record was on a major label, but this one is on a tiny outlet as is often the case with older artists. As they quit bringing in the sales they used too, they get dropped by the majors then picked up by a more sympathetic outfit who is willing to support such an artist. The song she remakes here is The Story Of The Magi (you can find a download of that earlier version in my giant 78 dump here). She has a new duet partner here, but it's still a very similar arrangement. The flip side is a new recitation, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. This is Carmel Quinn, Arranged & Conducted By Ted Auletta-The Story Of The Magi (with Sean Fuller) b/w One Solitary Life (GP Records 7" 45 RPM GP-554, Stereo). Note that this A-side is written by the famous team of Felice & Bodleaux Bryant!

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I own that 45. Had it for decades. Unless that big lot you bought was snuck out from my stash by some mischievous elves. I'd better check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stubby, did you have two of them? Because I think there were two of them in the lot I bought. Had to be from a radio station or a distributor, 'cause there were lots of multiples in there.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...