Friday, December 14, 2018

RIP Nancy Wilson

Just saw on the news where Nancy Wilson passed away yesterday at the age of 81. We had just shared some of her music on an Air Force album not two days ago. Back in her 60's heyday, she released exactly one Christmas single, and it was great.  I've never gotten very into the rest of her catalog, and she did release a Christmas LP much later in her career, but I'll always remember her for that one great single. I'd share it with you but it's a pretty common thing on CDs and streaming.

4 comments:

  1. I think I have a Toys for Tots promo with her - but again, I think it's been on CD. Could be wrong. I should probably dig it our regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's odd. I had just visited your blog yesterday and downloaded the latest Nancy offering. Listening to that took me down a Nancy wormhole and I spent two hours going through my rather extensive collection of her music. Then I woke up this morning and found that she had passed. She was absolutely peerless. RIP, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her Christmas songs just ooze class and sophistication. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Class and sophistication ... "How Glad I Am". RIP.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...