Friday, July 10, 2009

Who Are These People?

So, there's a blog out there that seems to be reposting my stuff. Well, it's not really a blog, I guess, but an aggregator. They collect and repost stuff from several places that they think is about Sarasota. The problem is, they aren't crediting me, in fact, they aren't even linking their copy of my stuff back to me. They only list me among a long list of contributors, none of whom I recognize. Seems to be a lot of stuff in there about Sarasota real estate, so it's probably being done by some sales company. I sent them an email to see what's up, we'll see what they come back with.

Here are links (1, 2, 3) to the last three posts of mine that they re-posted, all from tonight. Take a look and tell me what you think. Should I get aggressive with these folks?

Funny thing is, I bet a few minutes from now this post about them will show up on their site...

6 comments:

  1. It appears they did re-post this post! Unreal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't appear harmful. I think if anything it would draw more viewers to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Ernie...I didn't know your name was EFEST?

    Perhaps it's not harmful, yet with no links to THE site from which the posts originated, the chances that traffic would increase here isn't all that great.

    Again...did Ernie author things...or did EFEST? It appears that EFEST wrote things according to what she/he indicates...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you click on the links within the individual posts it does link back to the Ernie (Not Bert) site. I agree they should have asked and they should have a direct link to the site but it does link back within the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. while it might not be harmful, credit MUST be given. other than the links within the text, there is no way for a surfer to know it is the work of anyone other than the sarasota talk people. what did they respond?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...