Thursday, July 09, 2009

Little Birdie


I spotted this bird in a flower garden near the Smithsonian Castle in Washington, DC. At first I thought it was fake, just an ornament for the garden, but she watched me as I got closer, and eventually flew away. I don't know if she thought she was well hidden or if she was trying to draw me away from a nearby nest or what, but it made for a nice picture. No idea what kind of bird it is. Anybody recognize it and want to clue me in?

Unfortunately, this reminds me. I'm running out of space in my online Picasa account, so I'm going to have to do something soon to share more pictures. I know I can double that space for only a small fee, but then I have to pay that fee for the rest of eternity or the blog goes away. I guess they really sucker you in, don't they? Four and a half years of free posts, and then they hit you up with the recurring charge for the rest of your life. Oh well, I enjoy the blogging and the sharing, so it's probably worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...