Thursday, July 09, 2009

Mr. Jefferson


I thought I'd share some pictures of the Jefferson Memorial with you tonight. This monument is on the other side of the tidal basin from the rest of everything, so it's a bit of a hike. I walked all the way around, and it's a pretty boring trip most of the way. You get to pass through the FDR Memorial on the trip, but I screwed up and went through it backwards, but that's a story for a different post.



And here's Mr. Jefferson himself, from a rather unique angle. He's a big guy, probably ten feet tall, maybe more. I was in a play about him back in elementary school, and I don't remember him being that tall, but we were all pretty short at that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...