Monday, July 06, 2009

Hermit


I've tried to get some pictures of the hermit crabs down in Sarasota Bay recently, but I guess I'm not patient enough. They get about this far out of their shell, then I make a move they don't like and they crawl back in. However, looking at this guy, I'm not sure how good of a picture I want to get of one of these critters. Oh, and I have a confession. I'm always picking up shells at the beach, and I always try to look inside and make sure there's nothing living in there. I brought one home Saturday night that I thought was empty, and left it in the car overnight. When I picked it up Sunday afternoon, I realized there was a hermit crab living in there. He was dead, unfortunately. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...