Saturday, July 13, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 13

My job is a lot easier when I stay ahead of the game. This year I'm sharing out the share of the day on the corresponding day, but that's not always been the case. I'd miss a day or two, and suddenly I'm trying to share day eight on day twelve, and it just complicates things. I know, I know, you don't care about such minutia, but that's the way this game works behind the scenes. So what have I got for you today? Let's see, there's a winter-themed track, the first of a big double handful of tracks from one of those sampler albums they sent to music educators to try and entice a sale of the sheet music and bringing up the rear is a rerun of a soundtrack song that's interesting. Download and enjoy!

1. Skywalk-First Snow (Silent Witness, 1984)
2. Unknown Artist-Come Christmas Morning (Choral Sampler For The Music Educator, 1980)
3. Conducted By Joseph Brooks-Christmas Song (Version 2) (If Ever I See You Again, 1978)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

6 comments:

  1. I like that you are keeping things simple this year. Makes it easier to stay up with the daily schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's only because I'm short on material. Otherwise I'd be loading you up with elementary school choirs singing Silent Night and random songs from The Nutcracker. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that "Christmas Song (Version 2)" is the most funereal Christmas song I've heard in a long time. Did someone in the choir die that day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's from some movie I've never heard of, so it was probably to fit some scene that needed it. Not sure how a flop of a movie deserved a double album soundtrack, but I guess you don't know it's going to be a flop until it's too late.

      Delete
  3. Two thumbs up for the choral sampler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're always interesting in one way or another. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...