Monday, July 08, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 8

Good morning! Welcome to week two of our Christmas In July spectacular! I've got three more tracks for you today, three tracks of Christmas music that come from non-Christmas albums. I think there are two new tracks today (but the rerun is really, really great!). The first one is a church group, but the second one is 70's superstar (and Muppet co-worker) John Denver with a sort of hidden Christmas track. The title doesn't clue you in very well, but the next line in the song is "don't get drunk this Christmas", so you can imagine where it goes from there. Enjoy!

1. St. Joseph's Church-Adult Choir-Director: Bill Ryan-Silent Night, Holy Night and The Christmas Story (Alleluia! Sing To The Lord)
2. John Denver-Please, Daddy (Farewell Andromeda, 1973)
3. The New York Percussion Trio-Sleigh Ride (Holidays For Percussion, 1959)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

8 comments:

  1. I saw John Denver live after he had replaced Chad Mitchell in the Mitchell Trio. I don't recall them singing "Please, Daddy," though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget he was in that group for a while. I suppose everyone has to come from somewhere though. Had to be tough to replace the namesake of the group though...

      Delete
  2. I just found a copy of Farewell Andromeda a few weeks ago inside a Barry Manilow I jacket at Goodwill. Will have to pull that record out of the giveaway bag and give it a listen. Original orange RCA presssing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty popular record, I'm sure there are plenty of them our there, just waiting to be discovered. I think he's gotten a hidden Jingle Bells somewhere, too, but I don't remember where. They comped it as a bonus track on the reissue of one of his Christmas records...

      Delete
  3. I thought you had me on that first one. Did YOU enter that in Discogs, Ernie?

    St Joe’s Choir: https://www.discogs.com/release/8010682-St-Josephs-Church-Folk-Group-Choir-Alleluia-Sing-To-The-Lord


    John Denver: https://www.discogs.com/release/10302623-John-Denver-Farewell-Andromeda


    NY Percussion Trio: https://www.discogs.com/master/704404-New-York-Percussion-Trio-Holidays-For-Percussion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't enter too much stuff into Discogs, at least not like I should. Sometimes I get on a kick and enter a couple things, but I didn't have anything to so with this one.

      Delete
  4. Still enjoying the New York Percussion Trio! Love that xylophone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if there's a xylophone-led Christmas LP out there somewhere? Probably.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...