Friday, July 12, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 12

On the twelfth day of Christmas in July, Ernie gave to you, three more tracks of non-Christmas album origin. I'm not to sure my version of the song is going to catch on, but perhaps you'll like one of my three selections o' the day better. We've got two new ones, featuring some more Wintersauce and another from St. Joseph's Church. The rerun today is yet another zither-based tune. Not the best day, to be honest, but probably not the worst. (The worst day is yet to come, I promise. Ever hear of an Aeolian harp? You will, but you may not like it.)

1. The Wintersauce Chorale-George Guilbault, Director-Brian Marble, Associate Conductor & Accompanist-Sing We And Chant It (Winters Are Warmer)
2. St. Joseph's Church-Adult Choir-Director: Bill Ryan-Hallelujah Choir (Alleluia! Sing To The Lord)
3. Willie Dittrich-Away In A Manger/O Little Town Of Bethlehem (The Singing Zither-Christmas Music & Old Time Hymns, 1969)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

6 comments:

  1. I have heard of an Aeolian harp, but don't recall ever listening to one. Can't be any worse than a zither, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover on the Wintersauce, and it is a great name.

    Wintersauce Chorale: https://www.discogs.com/ja/release/30124979-The-Wintersauce-Chorale-Winters-Are-Warmer


    St Joe’s Choir: https://www.discogs.com/release/8010682-St-Josephs-Church-Folk-Group-Choir-Alleluia-Sing-To-The-Lord


    Willie Ditrich: https://christmaslpstocd.com/Item/WillieDittrich-TheSingingZither-PRP13172

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't stumped you once so far this season. I feel like I've lost my mojo. I need to get out and really dig in some deep record stacks!

      Delete
  3. Laurie Gee Thanks For The WintersauceTuesday, July 23, 2024 8:33:00 AM

    I'm here for the Wintersauce! #wintersauce4eva

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...