Thursday, July 11, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 11

Day number eleven. What can I say about 11? Well, it's a prime number, and it means we're more than a third of the way done. Beyond that, I got nothing. I do, however, have three brand spanking new tracks for you today, never before shared at the blog. I guess I was feeling generous when I made today's selections, I hope I don't regret it later. First up is track featuring the balalaika as requested last Christmas season. Not actually Christmas, but the title is close. Second is the nicely named Wintersauce Chorale doing a musical version of the Robert Frost poem. Third is a long waltz that doesn't strike me as too wintry, but your mileage may vary. Enjoy!

1. The Osipov Balalaika Orchestra Conducted By Vitaly Gnutov & Viktor Dubrovsky With Valentina Levko-Jingle Bell (The World Of The Balalaika, 1971)
2. The Wintersauce Chorale-George Guilbault, Director-Brian Marble, Associate Conductor & Accompanist-Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening (Winters Are Warmer, 2024)
3. Václav Neumann-The Czech Philharmonic-Winter Storms Waltz (Entry Of The Gladiators-The Beautiful Music Of Julius Fučik, 1976)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

7 comments:

  1. Always pleased, excited, and maybe even gleeful to consider the latest greatest newest share. Especially appreciating the BEST OF shares. Thanks for your hard work, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just wish I had more to give you each day. This stuff is getting too hard to find.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the latest! For a second there, I thought you had posted "The Entry of the Gladiators" as a Christmas song, but I see that's the album title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Wintersauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - that was not supposed to be a reply but it won't let me delete it. Sorry, Buster!

      Delete
    2. It's not a reply, far as I can tell, but it doesn't matter. Great name, isn't it? Wish it was a full Christmas LP. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...