Sunday, July 14, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 14

Almost halfway through the month, I should check and see how my supply of music is holding out. I know there aren't too many records left in the pile to record, so that's either a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective. I know there's not too much work left to do on that end of things, so that's the good thing. Unfortunately it means there aren't going to be a huge number of shares for the end of the month, though I think there may be a few days with four tracks instead of three. So at least there's that. Today's first track is a church choir with no date on the record. This song was written in 1962, so the date of release has to be sometime after that. Second is some more zither music for you, and lastly is a sample track (which means it's too short). Enjoy!

1. St. Joseph's Church-Folk Group-Directors: Doreen DiFiore and Sue Tozzi-Do You Hear What I Hear (Alleluia! Sing To The Lord)
2. Willie Dittrich-Suser Die Glocken Nie Klingen (The Singing Zither-Christmas Music & Old Time Hymns, 1969)
3. Unknown Artist-A Merry Christmas Polka (Choral Sampler For The Music Educator, 1980)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

6 comments:

  1. The use of vernacular music in the Catholic church was legitimized by the Second Vatican Council from 1963-65. Folk groups became more common thereafter; much more so in the 1970s, so it could be any time in that period, or even more recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, dates are hard to pin down on some of these things. I've even sent notes to specific churches trying to get dates for things, but have never gotten a response. I imagine even they don't know once all the people who made the music have moved on.

      Delete
  2. Not the best pic for that last one:

    St Joe’s Choir: https://www.discogs.com/release/8010682-St-Josephs-Church-Folk-Group-Choir-Alleluia-Sing-To-The-Lord


    Willie Ditrich: https://christmaslpstocd.com/Item/WillieDittrich-TheSingingZither-PRP13172


    Unknown Artist-Choral Sampler For The Music Educator: https://www.discogs.com/ja/release/12026103-Various-Choral-Sampler-For-The-Music-Educator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links. Maybe i should upload pictures of my copy of that last one. Not sure why people take such dodgy pictures, and then don't shoot one of the sides... But I guess when I first started adding some stuff to Discogs, I didn't think pictures were important. Boy was I wrong!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, that polka track is way too short. That's how they get you hooked (on polkas)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pretty much any polka track is way too long...

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...