Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 16

Day 16! A little over halfway through the month. Hope everyone is having a great time! A couple spoken word tracks for you today, and one that's only partly spoken word. We start with a rerun of a winter tale as told by Ed Begley, Jr.'s father, then we move on to a Spanish-language track that begins with a long spoken word bit before the song proper begins. No idea what they're saying, but I know Navidad means Christmas. Lastly is a weird spoken word piece that claims to be a song, but it's not. Might not be everyone's cup of tea. Give it a listen and see what you think. Enjoy!

1. Ed Begley-The Winter Of The Blue Snow (Paul Bunyan In Story And Song, 1969)
2. Grupo Coral Exodo, Director: Jesús Porras Ruiz-Navidad (Grupo Coral Exodo, 1977)
3. Charles John Quarto-Christmas Song (Charles John Quarto, 1971)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

12 comments:

  1. There should be a rule that having "Song" in the title has to include actual singing, unless it's from William Shatner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought that was odd. And it's pretty depressing for a Christmas song...

      Delete
  2. Well, this is an unusual bunch! Blue snow, a song that isn't a song, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had my way, every day would be unusual. :)

      Delete
  3. Begley: https://archive.org/details/lp_paul-bunyan-in-story-and-song_ed-begley-oscar-brand_0

    So far you have me on the Exodo. I found the track on Spotify but I don’t think the picture is the album cover anyway.

    Charles John Quarto: https://www.discogs.com/ja/release/5632531-Charles-John-Quarto-Charles-John-Quarto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignore that up there. Not quite awake yet. Slightly related: that Charles John Quarto "song" felt like a fever dream. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This particular day, I had my own personal Christmas In July haul at one of my local thrift stores. Had a handful of common Christmas albums from Sinatra and the Beach Boys. However, I did finally get to add Lenny Dee's Happy Holi-Dee to my collection , plus add a Vocalion reissue from organist Ethel Smith, plus a surprise Christmas LP from guitarist Al Caiola and orchestrator Riz Ortolani together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember hunting and hunting and hunting for that Ethel Smith Christmas record, original or reissue, I didn't care. Finally got it and was disappointed. It seemed almost funereal compared to her poppy stuff. She was a frequent visitor during early Christmas in July celebrations with tracks from her pop organ albums.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...