Saturday, July 20, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 20

It's day 20 and that means we are almost two-thirds of the way through the month. Seems like just yesterday we were on day 19 (brought to you by Amazon Prime, home of Alexa and Jeremy Clarkson!) and now here we are. Time flies when you're having fun. I hope all these Christmassy wintertime songs are helping you cool off in this hot, hot summer. I know many spots here in the US are seeing record-high temperatures that make your shoes melt as you walk from your car to your destination. I hope things are better down in the Southern hemisphere, though you might be having a record cold winter for all I know. What I do know is that I've got three songs for you today. Nothing too noteworthy, except that the zither track is the last one I have to share from that album so I hope you've enjoyed those. The others are a short sample piece of track, and a medley that's only sort of Christmas-adjacent. Enjoy!

1. Unknown Artist-It's Christmas (Choral Sampler For The Music Educator, 1980)
2. St. Joseph's Church-Folk Group-Directors: Doreen DiFiore and Sue Tozzi-Love Is The Answer and Let There Be Peace On Earth (Alleluia! Sing To The Lord)
3. Willie Dittrich-Stille Nacht (The Singing Zither-Christmas Music & Old Time Hymns, 1969)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

5 comments:

  1. So long, Willie, and thanks for the music!

    Choral Sampler (not a very good pic): https://www.discogs.com/release/12026103-Various-Choral-Sampler-For-The-Music-Educator


    St Joe’s Choir: https://www.discogs.com/release/8010682-St-Josephs-Church-Folk-Group-Choir-Alleluia-Sing-To-The-Lord

    Willie Ditrich: https://christmaslpstocd.com/Item/WillieDittrich-TheSingingZither-PRP1317

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I like(d) all the zither this year. Nice little sub-theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real star of St. Joseph's Church is that tambourine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes it modern, I guess. Easy to imagine Jesus with a tambourine.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...