Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Christmas In July '24-Day 17

Day 17, a rare prime number day. I'm sure Amazon will try to co-opt that somehow, but for now, we'll just try to enjoy it for what it is. And what it is is another collection of three Christmas songs from non-Christmas albums. The first is a surprisingly funky take on Shakespeare from Cleo Laine, the second is Silver Bells on a zither, and the third is another sample track from a music publisher. This one is a complete track, so that's nice compared to the others that are just one minute samples. All good stuff, I'm sure you'll enjoy.

1. Cleo Laine Featuring The Music Of John Dankworth-Winter (Love's Labour's Lost) (This Is...Cleo Laine: Shakespeare-And All That Jazz, 1964)
2. Willie Dittrich-Silver Bells (The Singing Zither-Christmas Music & Old Time Hymns, 1969)
3. Al Cobine-Trilogy Of European Carols (Come All Ye Shepherds (Czech); Joseph Lieber, Joseph Mein (German); The March Of The Kings (Old French)) (Studio P/R In Concert-New Concert Band Music for 1978-79, 1978)

MEGA (MP3)

MEGA (FLAC)

8 comments:

  1. I always like to imagine what would happen if you mixed up the artists and ended up with, say, Cleo Laine accompanied by a zither. Then again, you probably have just such a record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freely admit having to look up what a zither was...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go watch The Third Man movie, and you'll know all about it. :)

      Delete
  3. Cleo Lane (some history of the album at this link and alternate covers: https://jazzhistoryonline.com/cleo-laine/
    DIscogs: https://www.discogs.com/ja/release/4039888-Cleo-Laine-This-Is-Cleo-Laine-Shakespeare-And-All-That-Jazz


    Willie Ditrich: https://christmaslpstocd.com/Item/WillieDittrich-TheSingingZither-PRP13172


    Al Cobine: https://www.discogs.com/ja/release/1630282-Various-Studio-PR-In-Concert-New-Concert-Band-Music-For-1978-79

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Cleo Laine record is quite the hoot. Not what I was expecting at all, but then I'm not quite sure what I was expecting.

      Delete
  4. I am always here for suprisingly funky. I think Cleo Laine has another Christmas or Christmas-adjacent song - I can't remember what it is offhand but I remember that I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not familiar with her beyond the name, but I read she was married to John Dankworth at the time, who did the music here. So they're keeping it all in the family.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...