Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The Age Of Aquinas

The is the very last piece of vinyl I bought and recorded before the holiday season began at Thanksgiving. A friend was visiting from out of town, so we met up in Tarpon Springs, a city in Florida known for it's large Greek population and natural sponge harvests. There's a quaint little dock area where the boats come and go, lots of restaurants and tourist shops, but all I could see was the sign that said "Records". It was Sunday, and the first time we walked by the place was closed up tight. But right after lunch I tried again, and this time they were open. Surprisingly, they had a Christmas section, and this was the only record in the stack that I didn't already have. So I grabbed it, paid my three dollars, and threw it in that car. I think I recorded it the next night, but didn't finish up the processing until recently. It's a better than average college choir, but nothing earthshaking. I like the simple cover though. This is The Aquinas Singers-Merry Christmas Is The Nicest Hello-Season's Greetings From The Aquinas Singers (Blackfriars Recording Society BRS-1, Stereo, 1973).

1. Merry Christmas Is The Nicest Hello
2. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
3. Deck The Halls
4. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
5. Jesus, We Want To Meet
6. Go Tell It On The Mountain; He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
7. Bob's Toy Drum
8. Jingle Bells
9. O, Holy Night!
10. Away In A Manger
11. Cradle Song
12. A Child's Christmas Prayer

MEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...