Friday, December 30, 2022

Lost La Rosa

My buddy Buster was looking for Christmas music by Julius La Rosa, and I thought I had shared this US Navy LP with him guesting on it many years ago. But try as I might, I couldn't find hide not hair of it here at the blog. But I did a deep search of some old archives, and finally found a recording of it. There were no scans, so I must not have ever finished it. I was able to come up with the original LP through sheer luck, scanned it, and now I can finally share it with you here at the blog as part of my series of US armed forces albums begun more than a decade ago. In fact, this rip of mine is more than a decade old, though the exact year I recorded it is still a mystery, as is the date when Julius joined up with the US Navy to record it. But for your post-Christmas listening, this is The United States Navy Band & Julius La Rosa Sing Noel (The United States Navy No Number, Stereo).

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Really nice LP! Thanks again for letting me share (some of) it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for helping me realize I'd never shared it. I wonder how many other things are still sitting there in the archives that I think I've shared, but haven't?

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...