Thursday, December 23, 2021

Obligatory Organ Post

It's Christmas Eve Eve, and I don't think I've posted my quota of organ records for the season. Probably too late to get many more in, but I've got one here that's short and sweet, but with a twist. Several of these tracks feature a nice bit of piano that I quite liked, and I hope you will too. But the big twist is track two, a personal message from Howard Holderness, President of Jefferson Standard Life Insurance Company! I guess this was a giveaway from the company for Christmas one year, so he stuck his voice on these with a nice little Christmas message. I love these company things! Another odd twist here is the use of the entire B-side on another similar record for a different company. You can find it here on Discogs. (Speaking of Discogs, I think this Ted Smith is known more commonly as Tedd Smith, though he's not listed that way on Discogs. I need to fix that. In the spoken word part here, he's mentioned as being associated with Billy Graham, and Tedd Smith show up on plenty of Billy Graham-related records. But that's minutia you probably don't care about...). If you're still with me after all that, please be my guest and download Ted Smith-An Old Fashioned Christmas (Jefferson Standard Life Insurance Company 6-7055A/6-6954B, Mono).

1. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
2. Howard Holderness-Season's Greetings
3. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
4. Joy To The World
5. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
6. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
7. Away In A Manger
8. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
9. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
10. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly
11. The First Noel
12. O, Come All Ye Faithful
13. Silent Night

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I do like the organ. This is very nice. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice collectible. I like that it also can be found as issued by at least one other company, meaning that it was licensed material.

    I would like to point out, however, that you are under no obligation to post organ records.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignore the naysayers ;-D - more organ music is always welcome (& thank you for the download)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't post at least some organ music, you might think you were at a different blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...