Sunday, December 19, 2021

Ireland! Again!

Been a while since the last installment of Christmas around the world, a series I did during the 2018 season. I think I already did a record from Ireland that year, but here's another one for your collection. Not sure if this one is better than the other one, but at least it's different. This is St. Catherine's Dominican Choir, Maureen Dillon-Conductor, Soloists: Bernadette Walshe And Eileen Egan-Christmas In Ireland (Avoca 33-AV-126 (Cabra, Dublin, Ireland), Mono).

1. Adeste Fideles
2. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
3. Cry Out And Shout
4. The Holly And The Ivy
5. Ding Dong Merrily On High
6. The First Noel
7. Diadem
8. Christians Awake
9. Silent Night, Holy Night
10. Away In A Manger
11. The Seven Joys Of Mary
12. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
13. Once In David's City
14. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
15. On That Christmas Morn
16. Angels We Have Heard On High (Gloria In Excelsis Deo)

MEGA 

4 comments:

  1. This one looks familiar. You haven't shared it before? Maybe I own it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I especially like "Christians Awake," which was a U.S. holiday standard at one time. Then it seems to have vanished from the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, folks!

    Buster-I don't think I've shared it before, but there's certainly a good chance that you own it.

    Georgie-Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

    Lee-I've seen that pop up here and there, but the only other place I can remember it right this second is a horrible old budget comp. Can't think of the name, of course. It's certainly not a common carol.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...