Friday, December 24, 2021

More Warner More Bros

Christmas Eve already! Where has the time gone? Seems like only yesterday I was trying to find records to share, and now I'm trying to find Christmas presents to buy. My time might be running out for that though. Thankfully, the pile of records isn't running out, and I've got another good one for you here now. I was surprised when I saw what looked like a local chorus record on a major label and it turned out to be even better than that. It was a corporate chorus, and it was a Canadian release! Sometimes I feel like these records find me. Dofasco turns out to be short for Dominion Foundries & Steel, Limited, and this is the second record they released. Looks like they also featured in a Christmas special a couple years in a row, perhaps that's why they were popular enough to get this record released on a major label. I've never heard of these guys, their music or their TV specials, but perhaps it's a Canadian thing. I'm still excited to share another great record with you this season, so this is The Dofasco Male Chorus-A Festival Of Christmas Carols (Warner Bros. (Canada) WSC 9010, Stereo, 1971).

1. The Shepherds Story
2. Sanctus
3. Merry Christmas
4. White Christmas
5. Come Ye Lofty
6. O Tannenbaum
7. Deck The Hall
8. Adeste Fidelis
9. See Amid The Winter Snow
10. O Holy Night
11. The Sleigh
12. Carol Of The Star
13. Pat-A-Pan
14. Winterwonderland
15. Wassail Song
16. Rise Up Shepherd And Follow

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. I downloaded this and am very impressed. Great music, especially for Christmas Eve. Many thanks Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, Ernie, and thank your for sharing all this music. I always enjoy your discoveries and contributions.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, old friend. And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy - from the description, this sounds like it will be my favorite download of the year. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! I did have a happy Christmas, and I've been remiss in replying to comments ever since.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...