Sunday, March 28, 2010

Who's A Turkey?


I was walking down the main road in Myakka River State Park on Saturday (Saturday was a very full day!) and I saw a truck stopped up ahead. They were looking intently at something back in the woods. So I pointed my long lens back that way and sure enough, there was a big male turkey in there. It was mighty dark in there, but I still managed to get a couple of decent shots, all from the same angle, though. I tried to move and get some different shots, but the lighting didn't cooperate and the turkey moved off into the brush. After watching him for a few seconds, he started gobbling just like I've always been told they do, but never heard. It was pretty cool. This is the only time I've ever seen a male turkey anywhere other than a dinner plate. I have shot some females in the past, albeit from a pretty great distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...