Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Mystery Bird


Here's another bird I saw this weekend, but I don't know what type he is. Probably some sort of warbler based on the amount of noise coming out of his little beak. I doubt if this guy was more than four inches long, but before I saw him I was hunting for something much bigger based on his volume. I spotted this guy right after I saw the turkey at Myakka River State Park, so maybe he scared the much larger bird away. OK, maybe not, but if I hadn't spotted the turkey, I never would have seen this guy.

I guess I need to do a better job of learning my little birds. They really are very colorful and photogenic, provided you're packing a long lens.

1 comment:

  1. That, is a Carolina Wren!

    It has one of the loudest songs for its size. And the song is commonly transliterated as: "tea-kettle, tea-kettle, tea-kettle."

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...