Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Down To The Roots


I always like to shoot mangrove roots, but the pictures rarely come out decent. I thought these shots came out pretty well, but I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because of the overcast skies, keeping direct sun from throwing dark shadows that can throw a picture off.  Maybe it's just the shape and location of the trees that let you get a nice view of the structure of the root system.  I don't know, I just take pictures.

I shot these where Cockroach Bay Road dead ends into Cockroach Bay near Ruskin, Florida. Cockroach Bay is a small part of Tampa Bay, and there really isn't much to see there from land. Maybe I need to get a boat so I can get out in the water where the really cool pictures are.  I'll start saving my money tomorrow.

The sharp-eyed among you will notice that these three shots are all iin the same spot, each zoomed in quite a bit more than the last.  Look close at the last one and you can see a small crab on one of the roots to the right of center.  He's actually there in all of the pictures, but hard to spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...