Friday, July 04, 2008

Tonight's Big Show


Wow! This may be the most photos I've ever brought you in a single post, and they're all great! I shot the fireworks tonight from under the Ringling Bridge on the West side of Sarasota Bay. It's a little bit closer than the spot I chose two years ago, and I think it let me get some better pictures. It was a nice long show, lasting around 30 minutes, which is less than half the time it took me to drive back across the bridge once the show was over. But it was worth it, because I knew I had some great pictures. Right as the sun was setting, there were some scary looking clouds forming behind the city skyline, and some lighting was visible every once in a while. I thought you might have been able to see some lightning in the background of some of my pictures, but I guess it was too far away. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy all of these pictures, and I hope you have/had a great Fourth of July!
















Maybe about two thirds of the way through the show, they started shooting off some low fireworks at the same time as some higher ones. They also spread the low ones out a bit more. I think it made a nice effect.











3 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and had to say what wonderful firework shots you have here. Just last week, we were at Disney World and every night we tried to get some good shots of the fireworks but no luck. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones with the higher and lower elevation fireworks in the same frame remind me of dandelions!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...