Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Live At The Cleveland Zoo-Lorikeets


I promised to bring you more photos from my trip to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo last week, so here's the first of the promised pictures. I'm thinking about trying to bring you 31 different animals to go along with the 31 days of Christmas in July. I'm pretty sure I've got at least 31 animals to share with you, but we'll have to see. I'm kicking things off with the most colorful of the animals I saw during my visit. These birds are called lorikeets, and I learned that they come from Australia. You can see that they come in a number of color combinations, which may be different species or different sexes or something else, I don't know. For a buck, you could buy a little cup of nectar and feed these guys. I don't know why they don't each weigh a hundred pounds with all the food they must get every day.

1 comment:

  1. does the expression "metabolism of a bird" mean ANYTHING to you? LOL

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...