Thursday, July 03, 2008

Born On The Third Of July


Yes, it's a day early, but I like to think of it as practice for tomorrow night. They always shoot off fireworks in front of the Beachhouse restaurant on Anna Maria Island on the day before the Fourth of July. I guess they figure that way they won't be competing with every municipality and sporting event up and down the Eastern Seaboard. And they're right. The beach was packed with people who came out just for their show. However, we were promised a 45 minute show, which would be really long, but it was over in about 15 minutes. I would have cried foul, but there really was no point. I get to try again tomorrow at a different spot. In the meantime, you can enjoy these shots from my new camera. I think they're pretty good.


4 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome shots of the fireworks. I know with my own personal experience that sometimes they don't come out so great.

    What kind of camera do you use?

    Anyways keep the pictures coming. ^_^

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots, but it's odd to see firework blasts frozen so precisely in time. They almost look like flying space creatures from a Japanese movie (only far less cheesy).

    Are you SURE these were fireworks? (No, I haven't been drinking. Why?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Ernie. I am in awe of your skills. I have recently acquired a Canon EOS Rebel XT, but I don't have the chops to wring stuff as good as yours out of it. I always enjoy seeing your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, taking pictures is easy. The trick is to take lots and lots of pictures, and then only share the good ones. :) These were taken with my new Canon Digital Rebel XSi with one of those fancy Image Stabilization lenses. I guess the IS lens doesn't do anything for these types of shots, which were long exposures of 4-6 seconds. And Lee, you need to knock off the booze at a reasonable hour. If anything looks like Japanese sci-fi, it's those long-exposure glowstick shots. :)

    Thanks again everybody for the nice words.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...