Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCLXXXI


Here's a slightly weird doodle from the back of Chet Atkins-The Most Popular Guitar (RCA Victor LPM-2346, 1961). It wraps all the way around three sides of the back of the LP, and there was plenty of text in the middle. It's obviously some of the same doodles cut and pasted in various combinations, but I wanted to show you the whole thing as it appeared on the LP. Why do I say it's weird? I don't know exactly, it just strikes me as odd. I don't know that Chet Atkins was ever as popular as, say, Eric Clapton, so who might be carrying around signs saying Vote Chet? I'm thinking these must be RCA executives. Anyhow, I previously shared a Chet Atkins Christmas doodle with you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...