Friday, November 24, 2023

Polka Your Eyes Out

You might remember Eddie and his Versatones from this post way back in 2016, or you may not, but either way I'm bringing him back tonight with another of his polka workouts. These polka Christmas records are fun, especially when they offer takes on familiar music and not random instrumental polkas, schottisches or waltzes. This one has some good vocal stuff and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Whether or not you choose to dance to it is your own business. I know this record has been in the collection a long time (because how can you forget that cover?), but I never connected it to that old post for some reason. Then one day I happened to see it listed in a discography and remembered I had seen it in the collection recently. But when I went back to look, I couldn't find where I had seen it. I think I kept an eye out for three weeks before it finally turned up. Glad I went to the trouble! This is Eddie Blazonczyk's Versatones-A Polka Christmas (Bel-Aire LP 3024, Stereo, 1975). Enjoy!

1. Season's Greetings Polka
2. Say A Prayer Tonight Polka
3. Snowflakes Polka
4. It Must Be Christmas Polka
5. White Christmas
6. It's Christmas Time Polka
7. Christmas Time Is Here Waltz
8. Christmas Cards Polka
9. Play Santa Play Polka
10. All I Want For Christmas Is You (Not Mariah Carey...)

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't think she realized that the title existed long before her song, and for many other, different songs. That's why you can't copyright a title...

      Delete
  2. "Versatones" is one of those band names that were common in the 70s. "Blazonczyk" was unique, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I was pretty sure this was the same guy as the other record. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...