Saturday, November 25, 2023

Christmas Stories Two

For you early risers, here's another installment in our Christmas stories theme today. The title is a little more imaginative on this one, Favorite Christmas Stories, though I don't know if the stories are actually any better. I've found that I'm not a big fan of her voice, frequently hitting the skip button when something from this one comes up. Hopefully that's not the case with you, and you can find something here to enjoy. The stories are interesting, certainly not the usual retellings of the same old tales. This is Mary Strang-Favorite Christmas Stories (CMS Records CMS 629, Mono, 1971). Not too sure who Mary Strang is (or was), but she has a few listings at Discogs for records similar to this (oh, and one other one with Christmas stories! Gotta track that one down now...). Enjoy!

1. The Tailor Of Gloucester
2. Wee Robin's Yule Song
3. The Cat On The Dovrefell
4. The Poor Count's Christmas
5. The Jar Of Rosemary

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how these became favorites - they are all unfamiliar to me and you, too, I gather. I think Mary Strang made them all up.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...