Friday, November 24, 2023

Book Of Lists 1

No music here, but I wanted to share some lists I made over at Discogs with you this season. If you've not familiar with it, Discogs is a giant database of all the world's musical recordings, all generated and curated by the users themselves. It lists a huge number of recordings in great detail, especially for major artists. The stuff I like is the things around the edges, the records that may or may not be documented over there. I've added plenty of records myself, but there are still things that need to be entered, even some stuff I'm sharing. There's not enough hours in the day to do all the things I would like to do. Anyhow, the point of this post is that you can make lists over at Discogs and the list can have anything in it you want. I like to collect up various themes or records that are part of a series, any sort of connection I can use to pull some otherwise unrelated records together. These lists don't have much to do with the records I'm sharing, but they are all Christmas related. This first list is a collection of all the records Capitol put out for Christmas as part of their Capitol Of The World series. If you're not familiar with it, Capitol Of The World was their name for all the records they licensed from their affiliates all over the world for release in the US. It's a huge collection with over 500 entries listed. My list is much shorter but it's got Christmas music from all around the world. I've shared many of them, and a special promo from Fred Waring that shares selections from the first batch in 1957. It's good stuff, check it out.

The List!

6 comments:

  1. This is very very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have linked all the ones I've shared before, I think it's most of them. Australia is the only one I know I'm lacking. I have a sleeve but no vinyl. :(

      Delete
  2. Nice job, Ernie.
    That "Christmas in Brazil" cover is beyond crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did find some, err, interesting pictures to use as covers. :)

      Delete
  3. Great, great list! I was gonna say that Australia is the only one I hadn't seen, but I guess that's because it's the only one you haven't posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I''m sure you've seen them out and about, some of them are pretty common.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...