Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Christmas In July 2010-Redux

 


Time to revisit Christmas in July 2010! As I've been doing this month, I went through and updated some of the tracks with newer rips and higher bitrates, as well as substituting stereo copies where I might have originally used mono versions. It's still the same listening experience, but maybe it sounds a little better now. There's a text file in the download that tells you what I changed. Looking at the tracklist, it was another good year, with lots of great songs that I can still recall being excited to find. I first shared this collection during the Christmas season of 2011, but I'm bringing it back now, almost eleven years later. Enjoy!

01. Brook Benton-Go Tell It On The Mountain
02. Dickie Goodman-Santa And The Satellite, Part 1
03. Paul Whiteman & Orchestra With Jack Teagarden & Johnny Mercer-Christmas Night In Harlem
04. The Bellwethers-Ukranian Carol Of The Bells
05. Julius La Rosa-We Need A Little Christmas
06. Hal Mooney And His Orchestra-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
07. The Bill Shepherd Singers-Christmas In Killarney
08. The Daughters Of The Cross-Mary's Little Boy Child
09. Edmundo Ros And His Orchestra-My Favorite Things
10. Richard Robinson & William Reeve-Jingles, The Christmas Clown
11. Matt Dennis-White Christmas
12. Jo Ann Castle-Skater's Boogie
13. Johnny Winter-Please Come Home For Christmas
14. The Gooding Band Organ-A Little Boy's Christmas
15. The Dunster Dunces-Winter
16. Gaylord Carter-Jingle Bells
17. Dickie Goodman-Santa And The Satellite, Part 2
18. Dimitri Tiomkin-Toy Trumpet March; Christmas Morning
19. Sammy Davis, Jr. And Carmen McRae-Baby It's Cold Outside
20. Fred Karlin-Christmas
21. Doug Setterberg & Stan Boreson-Winter Wonderland
22. The Jackie Davis Trio-The Christmas Song
23. John Klein-Hanukkah Song
24. The Kennedy Space Center Chorus-We Can't Go Wrong
25. Richard Ellsasser-Sleigh Ride
26. Teresa Brewer-Jingle Bell Rock
27. The Paul Mauriat Orchestra-The Little Drummer Boy
28. Irving Fields And His Trio-Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
29. Hugo Winterhalter-A Marshmallow World
30. Frank Sinatra-White, The Young In Heart
31. Fred Waring And His Pennsylvanians-Let Us All Sing Auld Lang Syne

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't place that Sinatra tune until I listened to it - it's from the Alec Wilder instrumental LP, I think.

    Anyway, nice collection, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers, they're all titled after different colors on that LP, and all instrumentals, so you don't get to hear "The Voice". There's also a version of the same song on the Camarata Winter album. Took me forever to place it when I heard it. He gives it a bit more of an icy sheen, and I think a different subtitle, "The Silver Tree".

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...