Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Christmas In July 2022-Part 8

 Still adding to your Christmas collection, here's part eight!

1. Snow by Harpers Bizarre from Anything Goes (Warner Bros WS 1716, Stereo, 1967). I didn't know until recently that there was another vintage version of this Randy Newman classic out there. Thanks to Discogs, I know now.

2. Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year by Dennis Farnon And His Orchestra from Caution! Men Swinging (RCA Victor LSP-1495, Stereo, 1958). Classic goodness from the mother label.

3. Fum, Fum, Fum by The Calvin Handbell Ringers-Robert Ivey, Director from the LP Joyful Bells (Omnisound N-1014 (from The First Presbyterian Church, Red Bank, New Jersey), Stereo, 1977). This is actually one of the earliest Christmas carols I can remember. We had it on some budget labels collection, so I didn't know it was something that other people didn't know. I think it's from Spain originally.

4. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm by Bobby Troup from The Distinctive Style Of Bobby Troup (Bethlehem BCP-35, Mono, 1955). I first saw a record with this song maybe 15 years ago in a rather expensive record store. I wanted it, but wasn't going to pay their prices for just the one song. Discogs to the rescue. You can find more Bobby Troup at my friend Buster's other blog, the one that few people seem to know about or at least acknowledge.

5. Moonlight In Vermont by Willie Rodriguez With Chuck Sagle And His Orchestra from the album Anyone Can Play Bongos (Epic BN 583, Stereo, 1960). Wow, bongos!

And everything else in the pile today is production music...

6. Gifts Of Love From Far And Near-Vocal from The Great Christmas And Special Events Production Library-Disc 7 (Airforce Broadcast Services Disc 7, Stereo, 1984)

7. Pre-Holiday Sale-Instrumental Version 1 from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3425 (William B. Tanner Company 3425, Stereo).

8. Pre Season Sale-Donut from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3317 (William B. Tanner Company 3317, Stereo).

9. Orchestrated Pattern (Christmas) (Adeste Fideles) from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 31-Wild Work Parts (Media General TRS V-A/D-31, Stereo).

10. Friendly Feeling from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 13 (Willaim B. Tanner Company TRS V-A Disc 13, Stereo.)

And that's it for now. I hope you're enjoying these little radio bits as much as I enjoyed finding them. I expect to see them popping up on people's Christmas comps come December. Just don't forget to send me a copy and let me know you found them interesting enough to use. I love to see my shares get used somewhere by someone who appreciates them. Thanks for visiting today, and enjoy the music!

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug, buddy!

    I'm going to try some of those production music cuts, I love the older ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, buddy.

    Unfortunately, I don't think these production bits are old enough to be that interesting as the 50s/60s stuff. I think these all date from late 70s or early 80s. There have been quite a few pop up at the IA recently, though, from the fine folks behind the Cheeze Pleeze blog & podcast.

    https://archive.org/details/@snarfdude?query=christmas

    Check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harper's Bizarre, eh? Weren't we just talking about them? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent - many thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stubby-Yes, bizarre isn't it? I think I wrote this up the day before you posted that, or I'd have mentioned it here. For those not in the know, Ted Templeman was in Harpers Bizarre. He later became better known as a producer for Van Halen, among others. That's his voice that famously says "Give us a break, Dave."

    Buster-There's some great stuff in those records! I wish I could find a few of them for my own collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wondered for years if the suit got some leg for the guy that night or not...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Santa Ernie,
    Can you post an image of the LP Joyful Bells (Omnisound N-1014 (from The First Presbyterian Church, Red Bank, New Jersey), Stereo, 1977)? I am unable to find reference to it anywhere other than your delightful blog.
    Love those handbell ringers!
    Many thanks from an Elf in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, normally I've got all the Christmas in July records stashed away by now, but I still had it under my desk. Here are some quick pictures, including the labels and the front cover of a music book that was in the sleeve. I should enter this in at Discogs if it isn't there, but I'm lazy. Enjoy!

    https://mega.nz/file/YVEHHAoS#df4zLtGIHc7GtPjgosMENDEt_6cRxVzBeHRt7YZTmdw

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...