Monday, July 11, 2022

Christmas In July 2022-Part 7

We're moving on now, up to part seven already. Still got a ways to go, though, so be sure to keep checking back for more. In the meantime, here's the next batch of Christmas music from non-Christmas albums for you.

1. Jeg Er Saa Glad (I Am So Glad) by St. Olaf Choir-Kenneth Jennings, Director from the album Sing For Joy (St. Olaf Records E-269, Stereo). One of the most recent things I've recorded this month, I just finished this one up Sunday morning. In fact, I think there are only a couple more songs I need to record, unless I happen to find something else. I was prepared this year.

2. On This Day Unto Us A Child Is Born (Ps. 98) by University Of Miami Concert Choir Under The Direction Of Donald Oglesby, Ricky Hardy-Organist, Pianist, Soloist-Skip Sanders, from the LP Alleluia-Sing With New Songs (World Library Publications 7912 (Side 2: Christmas), Stereo, 1981). Like the last LP, this one featured a whole side of Christmas music. That makes the volume of stuff I'm sharing look bigger than it really is. But it's still good stuff.

3. Winter Blues Bossa Nova by Bent Fabric from his LP Operation Lovebirds (Atco SD 33-202, Stereo, 1967). A rerun, I think, but now in stereo.

4. Snowin' In Brooklyn by Ferron from Shadows On A Dime (Penknife/Lucy/Redwood LR004, Stereo, 1984). No idea who this is, but I do remember the day I found it at a Goodwill store in St. Pete. There were three random records in a row, all with a song I could use during Christmas in July. Not sure how that happens, but it's nice when it does.

And now the rest of the tracks are production music for you. If that doesn't mean anything to you, these are short tracks designed to be used at a radio station as programming aides.

5. Deck The Halls (Logo) from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 13 (Willaim B. Tanner Company TRS V-A Disc 13, Stereo.)

6. Christmas Feeling A from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 6 (William B. Tanner Company TRS Vol A Disc 6, Stereo).

7. Orchestrated Pattern (Christmas) (Joy To The World) from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 31-Wild Work Parts (Media General TRS V-A/D-31, Stereo).

8. January Clearance-Intro from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3317 (William B. Tanner Company 3317, Stereo).

9. Pre Season Sale-Intro from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3317 (William B. Tanner Company 3317, Stereo).

10. Pre-Holiday Sale-Tag from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3425 (William B. Tanner Company 3425, Stereo).

Huh, I seem to have pulled two of those jingles from the same LP. Sorry about that, I try to avoid such things. Oh well, tomorrow will be better. Hope there's something in the pile you can enjoy!

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Ferron is a Canadian Folk singer/songwriter, most popular from the mid-80s to the mid-90s. She was one of the earliest and most influential artists in the genre that came to be known as "women's music" (Indigo Girls, Ani DiFranco, etc.). Her songwriting has been favorably compared to Bob Dylan's and Leonard Cohen's. A friend of mine took me to see her play in NYC in the mid-80s and I immediately went out and bought "Shadows On A Dime".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stubby! Always nice when you can share something I didn't know. I used to listen to a station that played a lot of those female rockers back in the late 90's, but I don't remember this name. Maybe her time had passed, or maybe the station just didn't believe in Play It-Say It.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...