Saturday, July 02, 2022

Christmas In July 2006-Redux

I've been making these best-of collections just about every year I've been sharing out Christmas in July, and they've always proven to be popular with my visitors. But as the years have gone on, I've gotten better at my rips, I've found better copies of the songs, and I've saved my files in higher and higher bitrates. So I decided it was time to go back and revisit some of the old compilations and see if I could do a slightly better job. I updated this particular collection once before with improved recordings, but it was so much work I never went back and did any of the others because it was so much work. Well, as you'll see, I finally buckled down and updated many of my old collections and I'm going to share them with you this month, beginning with the original collection from 2006. (Note that I updated more of the tracks in this one above and beyond the work I did in 2015. In fact, there's a text file in the download that details which tracks got updated in both go-rounds.) Download it if you want to hear the improved recordings of some (though not all) of the tracks, or don't if you're happy with the old versions. But if you haven't heard it before, please download The Best Of Christmas In July 2006 From Ernie (Not Bert)!

1. Clebanoff-Bobsled
2. Ted Heath/Edmundo Ros-Baby It's Cold Outside
3. Lionel Hampton-Gin For Christmas
4. Marty Gold-High On A Windy Hill
5. Eastman-Rochester Pops-Brazilian Sleigh Bells
6. Dinah Washington-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
7. Henry Mancini-Latin Snowfall
8. Yuji Takizawa & His Blue Bones Orchestra-White X-mas
9. Will Glahé-The Skater's Waltz
10. Esquivel-Sun Valley Ski Run
11. Billy Vaughn-The Chipmunk Song
12. Percy Faith-Little Bells And Big Bells (Glocke Und Glockchen)
13. Lawrence Welk-The Merry Christmas Polka
14. Jerry Murad's Electronic Harmonicats-March Of The Toys
15. Richard Hayman & His Harmonica Orchestra-Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
16. Ian Fraser & His Orchestra-Sleigh Ride
17. Eddie Layton-Winter Wonderland
18. The Smothers Brothers-Swiss Christmas
19. David Rose-Christmas Tree
20. Eydie Gormé-Winter Night
21. Bernie Green With The Stereo Mad-Men-The Skater And His Dog
22. Enoch Light & The Brass Menagerie-My Favorite Things
23. The Four Freshmen-Santa Claus Is Flat Gonna Come To Town
24. David Carroll-The Ski Song (Slalom)
25. The Monterey Brass-We Need A Little Christmas
26. The Three Suns-Busy Holiday
27. Six Fat Dutchmen-Sleigh Bell
28. Billy May-Snowfall Cha-Cha
29. Dick Schory's New Percussion Ensemble-Holiday In A Hurry
30. Armengol-Ave Maria
31. The Crew-Cuts-Auld Lang Syne

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. You are amazingly industrious. Also well organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect folks are getting tired of my sharing out the same comp, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been coming to your page for the last few years and this is the first year I'm listening/downloading your comps. Your site is amazing! Thank you for all your dedicated work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad you finally wised up to the downloads! :) Thanks for the note, and keep coming back. There's plenty more to come!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...