Saturday, July 02, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Part 27

Just in case you thought I wasn't going to keep going with the Christmas 78s during Christmas in July, you'd be mistaken. I'm gonna keep this series going just as long as I possibly can, and as long as the Internet Archive keeps posting these great old Christmas records. I think it's a really great selection this go-round, with a fine assortment of Christmas songs spanning half a decade of recorded music. There's some really great stuff in here, and some really old stuff. Maybe those two overlap for you, I dunno, but I hope you can appreciate nearly all the music shared around here. I try to throw a little bit of everything into the pile for you. And as usual, I hope you enjoy this download, and all the other fun stuff you'll get this month. If you're just visiting us for the July festivities, take a look back in time, I've been sharing out these collections of 78s since just after New Year's last year, and I hope to keep going until the end of 2022. It's gonna be quite the collection by the time it's done.  So here's 27 more selections for week 27, a trend I don't think I can keep up forever, but I'm trying. Enjoy!

MEGA

Update-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Toni Harper With Eddie Beal And His Sextet-Candy Store Blues
2. Ukranian Bandurist's Chorus-Conductor: Volodynyr Boshyk-Soloists: H. Popow And F. Pohorily-Christmas Greetings
3. Dennis Day With The Mellowmen And Henri René And His Orchestra-Christmas In Killarney
4. Ray Bloch, His Choir & Orchestra-Deck The Hall
5. Martin Walker With Sammy Spear Orchestra-I Just Wrote To Santa
6. The Billy Mayo Quintet-I Want A Dog (For Christmas)
7. Jimmy Liggins And His Drops Of Joy-I Want My Baby For Christmas
8. Don Redman And His Orchestra-Vocal Refrain By Laurel Watson-Igloo (Choza Esquimal)
9. Hal Kemp And His Orchestra-Vocal Chorus By Skinny Ennis-It's Winter Again (Es Invierno De Nuevo)
10. Haydn Quartet-Silent Night, Hallowed Night (Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht)
11. Victor Orchestra-Walter B. Rogers, Conductor-Silver Sleigh Bells March
12. Paul Whiteman's Swinging Strings-The Toy Trumpet
13. The Three Suns With Texas Jim Robertson-Uncle Mistletoe
14. Bill Samuels And The Cats 'N Jammer Three-Candy Store Jump
15. The McGuire Sisters With Chorus And Orchestra Directed By Dick Jacobs-Christmas Alphabet
16. Mel Blanc With Orchestra Conducted By Buddy Cole-I Tant Wait Till Quithmuth
17. Conway's Band-Captain Pat Conway, Conductor-Ragtime In A Toy Shop
18. Frank Messina And The Mavericks-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
19. Jerry Colonna With Orchestra Directed By Paul Sells-Sleigh Bells In The Sky
20. Frankie Carle And His Orchestra-Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year (From The Universal Film "Christmas Holiday")
21. Linsday Crosby With John Scott Trotter And His Orchestra-That's What I Want For Christmas
22. Art Mooney And His Orchestra-Vocal By Laura Leslie-The Candy Land Parade
23. Burl Ives-Percy Faith Orchestra And Chorus-The Twelve Days Of Christmas
24. Harry Babbitt With The Heartbeats-Orchestra Directed By George Cates-Thirty Two Feet Eight Little Tails (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen)
25. Phil Brito-Orchestra Conducted By Ted Dale-White Christmas (From The Paramount Film "Holiday Inn")
26. Chick Bullock-Winter Wonderland (From "The Ziegfeld Follies")
27. Richard Keys Biggs-Angels We Have Heard





























6 comments:

  1. ANY post that has the GREAT Jerry Colonna in it is a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sorry I don’t comment very often but please know that I am enjoying these so much! I appreciate all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible collection! It's amazing what you find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great selections as always, Ernie! Love the Jimmy Liggins. Are any of these sides from a new month's IA drop?
    - Steve in PA


    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all! I always appreciate the feedback.

    That Jerry Colonna is great, and there's more greatness on the flipside, so stay tuned.

    And I believe some of these might be from the abbreviated drop at the end of June. I've still got more of that one to tag though, so long way to go.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...