Sunday, December 05, 2021

Little Drum Boys

Time to travel to some imaginary point in space and time. The space is somewhere between Ridgeville Corners, Ohio, USA and Windsor, Ontario, Canada. The time is probably 1982, based on the catalog number. What sort of music fits that description? Well, it's firmly rooted in polka, but it's, well, not really polka. Least not what I think of when I think polka at that time and place. This is certainly an interesting album, and I'm sure it will find a place in your collection. If you know anything more about this LP or these artists, please leave us a comment and fill in the blanks.  This is The Music Masters Orchestra Featuring Steve Acott & Dan Witucki-Christmas Is A Feeling With The Music Masters Orchestra Featuring "Please Santa Claus I'd Like A Drum" (Dan Witucki DW-XMAS-82, Stereo, 1982).

1. Please Santa Claus I'd Like A Drum
2. Dance A Merry Christmas Polka
3. Christmas Goose
4. Santa Medley: Tell Santy; Up On The Housetop; Here Comes Santa Claus
5. Silver Bells
6. A Merry Christmas Cheer
7. Christmas Is A Feeling
8. Winter World Of Love
9. Let's Have An Old Fashioned Christmas; Let It Snow
10. Guten Abend, Guten Nacht

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. Santa seems astonished by the request for a drum, even though he has the drumsticks in his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is a bit of an odd duck...

    Any idea where Ridgeville Corners is? Probably not your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually looked it up, because I live a few towns north of North Ridgeville, which once was named Ridgeville Center (at least part of it was). But Ridgeville Corners is in the northwestern part of the state, so only about 90 minutes from Windsor, Ontario, which is right across the river from Detroit.

    There are a lot of "ridges" around here, mostly roads that follow lake ridges formed by glacial till.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So North Ridgeville is nowhere near Ridgeville Corners, and neither of them is Ridgeville Center anymore? Interesting... How in the world does this stuff turn up in a thrift store in Florida???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not all that many people in Florida are native to the state, unlike you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ernie,
    Great LP. I really enjoyed the new songs, at least to me that is, on this collection. Always nice to hear something different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a very interesting collection of stuff. I almost passed it up but I'm glad I grabbed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love polka & polka-esque music so I'm very mush looking forward to this

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...