Sunday, December 05, 2021

December 5th Past

A collection of links to shares from Christmas past. There's great stuff in the archives, you just don't know it.

2016

A rare selection for a 78 in my own collection, long before I started sourcing stuff from The Internet Archive. This one is probably available from them as well, but this was my copy.

2017

An older share, but a rare one, featuring Alfred Apaka and some Hawaiian Christmas!

2018

Christmas in France!

2019

Some weird gospel music. Well, I shouldn't say weird, just unheard. I'd certainly never heard it before.

2020

A kiddie Christmas on 78s. Most kiddie Christmas records on brittle shellac didn't survive their era, but here's a nice collection of the stuff that did survive.

2 comments:

  1. With regard to the 2020 singles, I see that no one demanded the second record in the "Tinkle-Tonkle Town" story that you found after posting the first record in the set. (To be clear, I am not asking for it now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bit of a disjointed story, and I don't think I even realized there was more to it. I need to get busy with these new 78 shares...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...