Friday, July 24, 2020

Nutcracker In July 24

I took a little peek ahead, and I see that I'm getting close to the end of my rips of full Nutcrackers. I've still got a few more, so I'm not calling it quits yet, but I can see the end from where I'm standing, and I don't think it reaches to the end of the month. I guess I could have planned it a little better, but after the Covid thing hit, I just lost all motivation for months on end. But that's neither here nor there. The version tonight is one big long track with the whole suite in one go.  The artist is (allegedly) The Madrid Festival De Matadors' Orchestra-Dr. Edmundo Alava, Conductor, and the album is Carmen Suite And The Nutcracker Suite In Percussive Sound (International Award Series AK-163, Mono). I don't hear a lot of gratuitous percussion in here, like you might expect from something on the Command label, so I suspect they just through that in the title to attract a little more attention. I wouldn't be surprised if I've already shared a version of this one this month, but you never know. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. I think the "Festival De Matadors" is a bunch of bull.

    You slacked off for months? It's sure hard to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Months and months. I slept until noon, ate lunch, took a nap, ate dinner, went to bed. Those were my weekends during the pandemic lockdown. And I worked more hours during the week than I have in years and years. Fun stuff! But no music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They must have laughed a lot when they came up with that name... and as budget recordings go, this is the "budget-est"... pretty rough recording. Oh well, you get what you pay for. Thanks for this one to put budget in perspective :) Burt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russian music by a bunch of Spanish matadors? What's not to love!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...