Sunday, November 25, 2012

Singles Sunday #4-Four

I hope you're enjoying the singles today.  I've always thought that some of the best Christmas music out there comes from singles and not albums, but they're so hard to find that I've never spent enough time playing with them.  This year I tried to make it a point to record a bunch of them and share them 'round these parts.  Sometimes I pick something up and put it down because I know an artist has a Christmas album and the single is probably pulled from it.  But I've learned to double check that, because it's not always the case.  Take this single.  The Four Aces had a Christmas record, but they released this single a few years later and it's been MIA ever since.  So I'm bringing it back to you tonight.  Who'd a-thunk that a group like the Four Aces would have released a kiddie record like this, but here's the proof.  Please download and give a listen to The Four Aces With Chorus And Orchestra Directed By Jack Pleis-Ol' Fatso b/w The Christmas Tree (Decca (Canada) 7" 45 RPM 9-30775, Mono, 1958).

MediaFire
Torrent

2 comments:

  1. I love it. This one will be played many times over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...