Sunday, April 26, 2009

Love Birds


You know how much I love these little kestrels, so imagine my excitement when I got this picture today. Turns out that someone had moved into the old Pelican Man's Bird Sanctuary facility on City Island, and they've got a few birds in there already. It's still far from full, but they seem to be headed in that direction. One large pen had three kestrels in it, and two of them seem to have hit it off. It may look as if they're fighting over that little chunk of lunch, but one bird was actually offering it to the other one. I think there was a little nest building activity going on in one corner of the cage as well. I almost got a shot of a little egg-making activity, if you get my drift, but I wasn't quick enough on the shutter button. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...