Monday, April 27, 2009

Planes, I Promise


I think I've shown you just about everything I saw at the airshow except any planes. Sorry about that, I'm just easily distracted, I guess. Here are a couple of planes for you, in a display very similar to what you saw from the Macdill Airfest earlier this month. This is part of what they call a Tailhook display, honoring the legacy of naval aviation. I think they ripped it off from the Air Force and their Legacy flights, but that's really beside the point. It's quite the impressive display, both planes flying in formation, both planes with their tailhooks dragging through the air. What, you didn't notice the tailhooks were down? Look at the bottom rear and you'll see it on both these beauties. So what planes are these? The jet above and left is an F-18 Hornet, I believe. The prop plane is a A-1 Skyraider, I think. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...