Monday, April 27, 2009

Strength In Numbers


It's an old cliche, but it's true. There really is strength in numbers. I spotted these ants carrying a grasshopper off to their nest on a runway at Sun-N-Fun this past Friday. He's obviously quite the catch, but how in the world did they ever think they could do anything with him once they got him? I guess they knew what they were doing, though. I noticed this little tableau for two reasons. First, they were moving quite fast. I thought the grasshopper was injured and somehow crawling along his side until I noticed the ants bearing their burden. And second, they were on a runway, making it much easier to move the big critter without fighting the grass. How smart is that?

1 comment:

  1. After the Swine Flu kills us all, insects will rule the world!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...