Wednesday, April 29, 2009

B-B-B-Bomber


Here are a few pictures of an actual airplane from Sun-N-Fun last Saturday. This great old warbird is a B-24 Liberator bomber. It's a giant thundering machine that delivered death from the skies. If memory serves, this one is currently being flown by the Commemorative Air Force, a group of enthusiasts dedicated to preserving and flying these warbirds, and making people aware of the effort that went into building these machines in such short order during WWII.



This is a close-up of the forward machine gun on the B-24. I think this is a different aircraft than the one you see in the air above. I believe this one was called Bucket Of Bolts, while the other one is called Ol' 927, or something like that. Someday I'll get smart and shoot the registration numbers on the sides of the planes I see, then I can look them up later and give you relevant links. No, no, no, I'm wrong, this is the same B-24. I think Bucket of Bolts was parked nearby. She's a C-45 Expeditor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...