Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Still More Turkeys


I almost forgot about these pictures. I was on my way home from Daytona Beach the other day when I saw these turkeys out foraging for food on the side of the road. I pulled off, put the big lens on the camera and hopped out to get some shots. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me get very close. It occurred to me that they were pretty oblivious to the cars speeding by, but me on foot must have been a threat to them. Maybe I should have tried to stay in the car and shoot. I'll remember that next time.


It didn't take long before they got tired of me and flew off. I was surprised how well they flew. They didn't just use their wings to hop up onto a roost like a chicken might, but they actually flew away. This picture is a little blurry (like most of the shots I got from too far away), but it's still a turkey on the wing, and one of the few turkey shots I've ever gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...