Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More Klein, More Coke

You did say you wanted more carillon music tonight, didn't you? I thought so. Here's another LP from the master carilloner John Klein, played on the exact same carillon as my last share, only now it's at Georgia's Stone Mountain instead of the World's Fair. Stone Mountain is located just outside of Atlanta, home of Coca-Cola, so I guess the connection is there. This one is more straight-forward bell ringing, so I don't think it's as interesting as that last share, but you may like it. This reminds me of Century Tower at The University of Florida. They always had some poor music student in there during the holidays, cranking out the Christmas music at a frustratingly slow pace. I think they need to come up with a way to really make those bells swing. Someday... Here's John Klein-Noel Bells (Stone Mountain SM-201).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...