Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Radio And TV

Time for another edition of The Upper Room Radio-TV Parish Christmas radio show, this time from 1957.  Well, I say it's from 1957.  That date is based on the RCA pressing code found on the discs, but the notes I found on the labels listed a broadcast date from 1962. I suspect the 1957 is correct, because the broadcast info didn't always get noted down, especially right on the label. The other one I shared yesterday was pressed by Columbia, and as far as I know there is no good way to date those pressings, so I had to go with what the label said. Like most things, you have to go with the info you've got. If you enjoyed the one yesterday, this one is more of the same.  This is Dr. John A. Redhead And The Upper Room Carolers-Hark The Herald Angels Sing (The Protestant Radio & Television Center 3x10" 33 RPM PRC-UR-CC Series 3, Mono, 1957).

1. The New Born King
2. Carols For The Humble
3. Christ Born In Us
4. The Sky Can Still Remember
5. Little Jesus Came To Town
6. Love Came Down

MEGA

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...