Saturday, January 11, 2020

Merrie Christmas

Well, that last post got a little bit of response, I guess there are still a few folks out there who still have some Christmas spirit.  The cover of this single should help keep that spirit alive for a few more days.  It's a great little piece of mid-century modern Christmas. I think I'll even throw up the flip side for you as well, with a great trio of soldiers who are decorating what must be a minimalist aluminum tree. And it's autographed!  I remember being very excited when this turned up at the Goodwill store. Some days are great when you find stuff like this that you've never seen before. Some days aren't so great for hunting. The music isn't what I thought.  I expected some organ music, but it turns out that Don Jacoby was a trumpet player, so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by this one.  The Christmas Party side appears to be unique to this release, but The Holy City side is from an LP Jacoby put out. (Check out that cover if you want a little laugh.) For your mid-January Christmas fix, this is Don Jacoby-Merrie Christmas (Conn/Stellation 7" 45 RPM CB-1001, Mono, 1958).

1. The Christmas Party
2. The Holy City

MEGA

14 comments:

  1. I love the cover! I tried doing something similar for my Christmas card a few years ago and it didn't turn out quite right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you still have eyeballs on the blog Ernie. This is probably the least popular time of year for Christmas music. I'm just hoarding up for next December! Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stop! I'm still checking your blog daily to see what Christmas treats you've shared. Thanks for all the wonderful music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's another set of eyeballs still visiting your page, Ernie! Happy New Year as well!

    A quick glance at Mr. Jacoby's releases on Discogs brought about this gem as well. Classic!
    https://www.discogs.com/release/3637447-Jacoby-Brings-The-House-Down/images

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments. Good to know there are still some folks out there trying to keep the Christmas spirit alive a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dig how my "next Xmas" folder continues to grow.
    May I have some more please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're not soldiers, they're marching band-its.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this one. I'll be testing it for next year. Still on the hunt for a good rendition of Jingle Bells. I got into a bit of trouble this year because the collection I put together didn't include that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still checking in regularly. Thanks Ernie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still here as well, Ernie. Although not every day, as it has been this season.

    Conn Corporation was/is a large producer of metal band instruments, so I wouldn't expect anything from an organ on any of their corporate releases.

    Somewhat surprised you didn't mention this aspect, as that alone would've been enough for me to purchase this if I encountered it at any of the usual stores.

    Thanks for a great season so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know why I associate Conn with organs. Is there an organ company by that name? Yes, I see there is. I guess I just have organs on the brain. :) And I was never in band, so the musical instrument link would have been right over my head...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...