Sunday, December 08, 2019

Two Hundred And Forty-Six Bells

Anyone who knows my fondness for Christmas chimes and bells could have predicted that I would buy this LP on sight.  I mean, how can you pass up a record that brags about featuring 246 bells? And now you can enjoy each and every one of them in the comfort of your own home!  This is Evelyn Irene Gibbs On The Maas-Rowe Grand Symphony Carillon And The 59-Rank Austin Pipe Organ-A Two Hundred Forty-Six Bell Christmas (Maas-Rowe Carillons 5126178, Stereo). You're Welcome!

1. Infant Holy
2. Joy To The World
3. Silent Night, Holy Night
4. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
5. O Come, All Ye Faithful
6. White Christmas
7. Petite Noel
8. O Christmas Tree
9. Silver Bells
10. The Christmas Song

MEGA

7 comments:

  1. I'm also a fan of these types of instrumental chestnuts. Perhaps it's because I grew up in an environment where church bells were an integral part of the audio landscape. I find them evocative in the way that older country artists often spoke about the sound of train whistles. Thanks, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Internet is a wonderful thing; a bit of research turned up the news that Evelyn passed away earlier this year at the age of 90. Wonderful to think that her lifelong dedication to music (teaching and playing) is being honored as you share this selection with many who would otherwise never have known of her. The spirit of Xmas is alive and well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those who might be interested in learning more about Evelyn, here's the link to her obituary: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/hixson-tn/evelyn-gibbs-8208285

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, my comments aren't being emailed to me today for some reason. Anyway, thanks for doing the homework on her for me. Not the first time I've posted something, only to find out the maker had recently passed away. I hope her family doesn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a beautiful tribute to Evelyn! And lovely music to share. Thanks, Ernie for the share and 'Bean for the research.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ernie! I've been visiting your blog every Christmas season for about 7 years now. Thanks for uploading all these rare, out-of-print treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chimes and bells are kinda magical, thank you Evelyn for doing such soothing music.
    And thanks to you for sharing Ernie!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...