Thursday, December 12, 2019

Avoid The Noid

Well, how about that. I seem to be out of remastered albums to share in the usual 8:00 PM time slot. I thought I had recorded way too many repeats this year, that's why I set aside a special time to get them out there to you.  But I only have one left that I know of, and it's not quite ready to share yet.  So that means you get a new share from me each night for a while, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  First up is an album brought to you by the fine folks at Domino's Pizza. I think the Odyssey group here is just a production service that records tracks and then licenses them out to whoever wants to pay the fees. I suspect they are the same folks behind that 3M record from last year, though I didn't check to see if any of these tracks are actually the same as those. I wouldn't be surprised to find that these songs are elsewhere in the library under different names, too. Generic records have a tendency to recycle the same tracks over and over and over again.  So give these a listen and let me know if you've heard them elsewhere.  This is The Odyssey Orchestra And Singers-Season's Greetings-Domino's Pizza Presents... (Yoder & Company AMR/DOM-82, Stereo, 1982).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. You're All I Want For Christmas
3. Carol Of The Bells
4. It's Always Christmas Time
5. Deck The Halls
6. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
7. Jingle Bells
8. What Child Is This
9. The Night Before Christmas
10. Up On The House Top

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. one of my many shortcomings is that i've never associated pizza with christmas or christmas music. but i'm getting inspired (and hungry) just thinking about it. maybe some suitable new music or at least some new lyrics are in order. as a source of inspiration, the trouble with domino's is that their pizzas are round, and i've always thought that pie are square. nevertheless, maybe we could collectively work up a rendition of, say, "we three delivery men of domino's are", or perhaps "the twelve slices of christmas". anyone?

    on the first slice of christmas
    my true love gave to me
    a topping of pepperoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old math joke ...
    Eedjiot! Pie are round. Cake are square!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, love your humor Barba. Thanks to Ernie for the music as always.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...