Monday, March 22, 2010

Up In The Airfest 2010-Part 9


Here's a little piece of advice. Always look at the pictures you're shooting. Somehow, the strap on my camera twisted the little mode dial from aperture priority to full manual, and I didn't notice for almost 100 pictures. So I've got a whole series of shots that came out like this. Twice, actually. It happened later in the afternoon, but only for a few seconds because I was paying more attention.

What you're not seeing here is an acrobatic performance by John Black and his Super Decathlon. Nothing too exciting if you've seen this sort of thing before. I'm not too torn up that I didn't get any pictures of it, actually, but I hate the thought that I might have missed something important.

I'm thinking it's a design flaw in my 7D that allows the camera strap to accidentally rotate the mode dial. I don't remember that ever happening on my XSi or the old XT. It's something I'm certainly going to have to watch more closely. I wonder if there's a different way to attach the strap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...