Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Airshow?


Every year I've gone to the Macdill Airfest, they've had this Studebaker pickup truck sitting out among the static plane displays. This year it was actually in a hangar with all sorts of other displays and booths. I have no idea if it has any sort of historical significance, or if someone at the airbase owns it and is really proud of it. As you can see, it was getting plenty of action, especially considering it's a truck at an airshow. I don't know any of those people posing with it in either picture, I just couldn't seem to find a moment to shoot it when there wasn't anybody else around.

3 comments:

  1. Found this image of my truck today. I park it somewhere close to my MacDIll history display in the base hangar at each airfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great truck, I look for it every year! I'll miss the Airfest this year... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been repainted. Its in WW2 military truck colors. One year I noticed there was a line of people to get their picture taken with it so I made it part of the history display. I have been parking it in the corner of the hangar with things around it for people to pose with for pictures. Its kinda hidden over there now and I don't find candy stuck to it and hand prints on the inside of the windows, easier to keep an eye on it. I am guessing they will hold it about the same time next year.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...